Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cowboy Cake

A friend of mine's son is turning 6 and she was worried about the cake--I told her to relax, and let me do it--it took a load of her shoulder immediately! So I got free-reign on this cake. This is how it came out...

COWBOY CAKE
I like it just plain....but the lettering needed to be added
Its still adorable...and Micah LOVED it. Huge hit!

For a little surprise, I made these cookies. I had left over icing, sugar cookies, and a few pieces of candy.
She thought they were hilarious and perfect for the parents =)

I had such a blast doing this--I'm not a baker, but I love designing! My friend insisted on paying me--but I insisted not (and I'm more stubborn). I did this for fun and it helped her out. I don't mind doing this--as long as its not money out of my pocket.

Funny part was when my son saw this, he thought it was for him--he had a party a week ago, and thought he was gettin another one. HAHA Poor guy--I guess I should make a few to have around the house to make my family happy!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Love it! It came out so cute. You are really talented.

I enjoy decorating cakes, but I just don't find the time to practice very often.

Belinda said...

Great job! It's adorable!

Tiffany said...

So fun!

Recaptured Charm said...

That cake came out terrific. Great job!

Darcy said...

Wonderful job!

Thanks for linking up to Super Stalk Hop - I'm following you back!
Darcy @ Tales From the Nursery

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...