Sunday, May 1, 2011

Strawberry Cobbler

Thank you EVERYONE who joined me in my first linky party! I really appreciate it! As I promised, I have made several of the recipes, and I'm going to share them! Can I just say...I LOVE STRAWBERRIES! Ok, got that out of my system. =)


Ok, I have to say, this tasted a BILLION times better than it "looks"...nearly impossible to get a "pretty" shot for a blog picture--so don't let that deceive you--its AMAZING.

We had friends over for a BBQ and I served this for a dessert. I'll just say there wasn't a drop left in the pan after we digged in! But that also give you a perspective on how many it serves. 4 adults ("big" servings) and 4 children (just a spoon full) Next time (and there will be a next time) I'm gonna double the amount!

STRAWBERRY COBBLER

3 cups fresh strawberries
2 cups sugar
(I only used 3/4 cup and it was PLENTY for us)
1 stick
(unsalted) margarine; melted
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cups milk
1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoons almond extract
(I used vanilla since I didn't have the almond)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Stir together the strawberries and sugar. Set aside to let the juices release and mix with the berries.

Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon. Stir in melted margarine, milk and extract.

Pour batter into a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Top with the strawberries. Do not stir. Bake for 45 minutes.


This recipe was from...
Lark's Country Heart

Please stop by and tell her HI! Some yummy recipes that are a must-try--so go "follow" her and tell her I sent ya!

Thanks again everyone! I'll post another recipe tomorrow from the linky!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you liked my version of this Wonderful strawberry cobbler.

Thanks for the "shout out" as well.

Have a great weekend :)

mryjhnsn said...

That looks good I don't know what you ate talking about. Glad you found me!! Love your blog and I am following you now too :)

Beautifully Forgiven, Kortney said...

That looks so good! Thanks for sharing! My family loves strawberries!

I'm following from the Super Stalker Sunday hop! Hope you are having a great weekend!

~KOrtney
www.kortneyskrazylife.com

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

That did look like a great cobbler recipe, Lark shared with everyone. Glad to know it's been confirmed. :-)

Regarding your question on my Strawberry Glaze: I would prefer to make it as needed (for all dishes, not just for this recipe). However, since there is sugar (a good preservative), it is cooked, and especially if you use the optional alcohol, it should keep in a glass jar in the refrigerator for at least a few days. You could also try storing it when it is still hot, and let the lid vacuum itself (pseudo-canning).

Mariah @ FormulaMom.com said...

Wow, this looks amazing! I am trying to get back to healthier eating habits but for this... I would cheat!

I'm a new follower from the Super Stalker Sunday hop! Hope to see you soon!
Mariah, FormulaMom

The Olsen Family said...

Mmmmm! This looks delicious! I'm following you now too! :)

Kim McCallie said...

I'm always looking for ways to use strawberries and this looks delicious! Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

Kim

Unknown said...

Dropping in from Eat At Home. This looks delicious and I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...