WILD BLACKBERRY BREAD
1-1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1-1/2 cups fresh blackberries
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Gently toss in the blackberries.
- In a different medium bowl, combine sugar and next 5 ingredients and mix until all combined.
- Add the sugar mixture to the blackberry mixture and gently stir until evenly blended.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan (8.5"x 4.5"/ normal sized) and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes still in the loaf pan, then remove it from the pan and let cool for about an hour.
- Drizzle icing (recipe below) over top. Slice and serve!
In a wire mesh, crush blackberries through the strainer to get the juice without the seeds. You only need about 2 tablespoons of juice, so about 1 cup of blackberries should do the trick. In a small bowl, put about 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Little at a time, add the blackberry juice until its a the right consistency to drizzle over the bread.