6 Salmon Fillets (individual serving size) if you are using cedar sheets, OR 1 salmon fillet, uncut, skin on if using cedar plank
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
½ cups chicken broth
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoons butter
Salt And Pepper, to taste
- Soak cedar planks or sheets in water for 30 to 45 minutes. I used sheets and I knew they were ready when they could bend and tie around the salmon. [see picture below]
- Rub salmon with oil and sprinkle with salt. Wrap sheets around salmon, or place salmon on the plank and grill on low for 10 minutes, turning once if in sheets, OR grill on low for 15 minutes if on plank, or until it turns opaque.
- In sauce pan, saute shallots and garlic in butter until tender, remove from heat.
- In another small sauce pan, cook blueberries, vinegar, broth and sugar until reduced by half (about 20 min). Strain with a mesh strainer, and combine liquid with onion mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve sauce over the salmon. Great with asparagus and noodles!