Thursday, June 23, 2011

Chicken you won't Believe

Yes, that is the name. It got that name from me telling my husband yeeeeeeeeeaaaaarrrrrrrs ago when I first made it "Hunny, you are NOT gonna believe this Chicken" And the rest is history. It remains in our top 5 all time chicken recipes! He was so happy to see I made this for dinner--he said it was too long since last time. So here it is!

CHICKEN YOU WON'T BELIEVE
Click HERE for printable recipe

4 boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons cream cheese

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.

Pat dry the chicken with paper towel. Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on one side. Then roll it up and use a toothpick to secure in place. Repeat with each chicken breast.

Place rolled up chicken in a greased glass pan. Spread the dijon mustard over each chicken. Then heavily sprinkle with brown sugar. [not pictured--sprinkle with chopped pecans to add extra crunch]

Cook, uncovered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, basting often with juices. Serve warm.

Click HERE for printable recipe
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget to enter your name DAILY!

6 comments:

Shelly said...

That sounds delicious. My husband would claim he doesn't like cream cheese, but I totally think he'd like this. I'm going to add it to our menu after I buy some cream cheese.

pam said...

That chicken looks awesome!

Diane and Chad said...

Thanks for your kind comments at my blog:) I am following you back, and this chicken sounds delicious!!

oomph. said...

you had me at cream cheese! looks quite delish!

found and following thru super stalker :)
rockoomph.blogspot.com
@rockoomph

raising4princesses said...

Wow, that looks amazing! I'd love to try it. I'll have to buy some cream cheese first. I'm following you now and looking forward to more dreamy recipes. My parents live on the base there also! http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This chicken does sound unbelievably good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...