with CARROTS & SNOW PEAS
(low-calorie: about 350 per serving)
8 oz pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
3 Tblsp low-sodium soy sauce, divided
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 Tblsp cornstarch
1 Tblsp honey
1 Tblsp tomato paste
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp ground ginger
Pinch of black pepper
2 tsp canola oil, divided
1 Tblsp minced garlic
1 Tblsp minced fresh ginger
1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas or green beans
1 cup carrot strips
2 Tblsp sliced scallions
2 tsp black and/or white sesame seeds
- Combine pork strips and 1 Tblsp soy sauce. Cover and refrigerate while preparing sauce.
- Stir together remaining 2 Tblsp soy sauce, broth, sherry, cornstarch, honey, tomato paste, 1 tsp garlic, ground ginger, and pepper.
- Preheat a wok over medium-high heat. Hold wok away from stove, spray wok with nonstick cooking spray. Return wok to stove top.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in wok. Stir-fry half of the pork until it's cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Remove pork to a plate. Stir-fry remaining pork; remove to plate.
- Add remaining 1 tsp oil to wok. Add 1 Tblsp garlic and fresh ginger; stir-fry 10-15 seconds. Add snow peas; stir-fry 2 minutes. Return pork to wok; add sauce. Cook until sauce thickens, 1-2 minutes. Add carrots; heat and stir 1 minute.
- Serve stir-fry over white or brown rice; garnish with scallions. Sprinkle each serving with sesame seeds.
recipe directly from CuisineLite magazine, Spring 2013 edition