THIN MINT SCONES
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
1 cup heavy whipping cream, very cold
1 sleeve thin mint cookies, chopped
1 egg [for egg wash]
2 Tblsp granulated sugar [for sprinkling on top]
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter or fingers (or make it really easy and use a food processor) to cut all the butter into the flour mixture.
- Add cream and cookie bits and blend quickly and be careful to not over-blend.
- Shape the dough into 8 or 9-inch round or square and cut into shapes.
- Place on parchment sheet on a cookie pan.
- Brush with wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown on top!
recipe derived from SisBoomBlog.com