Sunday, January 30, 2011

Resaurant Review: Ocean Zen Pacific Rim

My husband and I got the privilege of a date night (thanks to the grandparents!) and we wanted to see a few movies and have a nice dinner. We drove down to Springfield, MO (about 1 1/2 hours away) to a really nice big theater. We saw "True Grit" first. Absolutely fantastic! We love the original movie with John Wayne, and the remake was not a disappointment. Then, as we were looking for a place to eat, I just googled resaurants in the area and came across this place called
OCEAN ZEN PACIFIC RIM


 We are big fans of sushi and all kids of foods in this category, and it has wonderful reviews. There was a 45 minute wait, but reservation can be made (and I would recommend on a weekend night). After being seated, our service was wonderful. Our waiter was really friendly and KNEW what he was talking about when we asked about some of the dishes. We decided to go the full sushi route--since it had been a while! And I have to say....WOW. We got the "California Roll" "Tempura Shrimp Roll" "Spiderman Soft shell Crab Roll" and the "Ocean Zen Roll (the house sushi)" YUM YUM YUM!!!! Every bite was delish.


Our time was starting to cut short (for the next movie) so we ordered dessert to top off the night....and we happened to picked the "S'mores for 2" dish. I didn't know this was a dessert to take your time with a savor every bite. I honestly had no idea what to expect.


It was so awesome--I really wish we had more time to enjoy. But we had to scarf it down and skidattle!
Over all, I give this place 5 stars. The atmosphere was totally Zen, huge fish tanks everywhere, and a wonderful menu. The price is a bit high, however. The sushi rolls were between $6-$15 and the main dishes ranged from $20-$30. But for a date night, totally worth every dime.

Then we went a saw "Black Swan"....which I can't say anything about except that it was [curse word] up. Not what I expected at all--total mind bender, several jumpy moments (I'm not a big fan of), and a little too much sexuality scenes. Natalie Portman, however, should be awarded something for it--absolutely fantastic and she remains to be on our list of top actresses. But this is not a movie for everyone--just a little warning.

So if anyone is is the Springfield, MO area--check this restaurant out. You will not be disappointed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to say that I am jealous of your great night out, but girl... sending me a Pic and taunting me with your sushi. Not nice!;) We need to get you into the real side of sushi. Everything you guys had was cooked. And yes those are all rolls that I love too but the raw stuff is what makes sushi night, sushi night. But yes, still jealous... Glad you got to have fun!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...