I made these for my grandmother's 80th birthday--she LOVES flowers and so this was perfect for her. And this is so easy for you to do as well! Pretty much all package stuff with a little bit of creativity.
APRICOT & APPLE VANILLA PIE
1 Pillsbury pie crust roll (uncooked dough)
1 jar apricot preserves
1 large box instant vanilla pudding
- Unroll pie crust dough and form into a greased pie plate.
- Make instant pudding and put a layer about 3/4 inch deep on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Gently shave apples into strips (with vegetable peeler), WITH the skin still on. Carefully roll up the shavings into "flowers." Be creative! This takes time, so peel 1 apple at a time, shape into flower, and repeat.
- Gently spread a little bit of apricot preserves over the apple-flowers and over the edges of the pie crust.
- Back at 350 degrees F for 30-45 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and apples are cooked.
- Let cool completely at room temperature!
If you aren't much of a baker, this is a great recipe to make people THINK you are! ;)