SMOKED SALMON QUESADILLAS
with AVOCADO SALSA
1 Tblsp canola oil
1/2 cup sweet onion, coarsely chopped
1 medium red pepper, chopped
1/2 cup tub-style light cream cheese, softened
3 8-in tortillas
2 cups lightly packed fresh spinach
1 4-ounce piece smoked salmon, flaked, with skin and bones removed
non stick cooking spray
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 17-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sweet peppers. Cook for 5 to 10 min more or until peppers are tender and onions are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Spread cream cheese evenly on tortilla. Divide spinach among tortillas, arranging on one half of each tortilla. Top with flaked salmon; top with onion mixture. Fold tortillas over filling.
- Lightly coat both sides of each folded tortilla with cooking spray.
- Heat a clean large non-stick skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Add two of the quesadillas to the skillet. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until tortillas are browned, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut into wedges. Serve with avocado salsa.
Seed, peel and chop half of an avocado; place in a small bowl. Peel and chop 2 green kiwi fruits; add to avocado. Seed and chop 1 medium tomato. Add the chopped tomato, 2 tablespoons sliced green onion tops, 1/4 tsp finely shredded line peel, and 1 tablespoon line juice. Toss to combine.
recipe from Good & Fresh Spring 2013