Friday, April 29, 2011

Strawberry Waffles

Thank you all for joining the "Strawberry Linky Party!" Its not to late--its still open until Sunday! I knew this one recipe I was going to make right away. Its a "lazy" day here, so a perfect morning to make....

STRAWBERRY WAFFLES


2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/4 cups milk
3/4 cup vegetables
3/4 to 1 cup chopped strawberries

Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl.  In another medium bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, milk and veg oil. Slowly whisk in the dry mix into the wet mix bowl until well blended. Gently stir in chopped strawberries. Cook accordingly to waffle iron.

Top with finely chopped strawberries and bananas and a small drizzle of maple syrup.

This make about 8 waffles. I made all of them, then froze the remaining waffles and when you are ready to eat them, pop them in a toaster! My kids LOVED these--its a must try!

4 comments:

Rustown Mom said...

I had forgotten how great it was to make your own "eggos" and freeze them - cheaper and tastier, too! these sound delish (:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Oh my! That looks so good! I am PROUD to be your newest fan!!

Thanks for linking up on my new Super STALKER Sunday!

I also should mention that I have a FANTASTIC Blog Hop Directory that has at least a dozen blogs listed for every day of the week. No kidding! Come and check it out! : )

Tiffany said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for the follow, now following you back! Look forward to checking out more of your recipes.

Jennifer said...

Looks yummy! Great photos by the way :)

Jen
www.dishesandsocks.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...