RED CURRY SHRIMP WITH PINEAPPLE
1-1/2 cups coconut milk
2 tblsp red curry paste
1/2 cup water
2 tblsp fish sauce
1 tblsp sugar
1 cup drained canned crushed pineapple
3/4 pound large shrimp (cleaned and deveined)
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- In medium skillet, heat 1/2 cup of the coconut milk over med-high hear, stirring often, until thickened and fragrant (2-3 minutes).
- Add curry paste and cook a minute or 2, pressing and stirring to dissolve it.
- Stir in remaining 1 cup coconut milk, the water, fish sauce, sugar, pineapple and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add the shrimp and basil leaves and cook another minute or two, just until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Serve with jasmine rice and black beans.
Don't forget you can still enter the 500 follower giveaway!
Click on image below: