This is the best thing I've every had. Period. I would eat the entire pizza if no one else was around... I won't mention how many times I've actually made this... The bread is like a scone, and the honey with the strawberries accent the rosemary in perfect unison. Its the best right out of the oven, or the next day when the juices have soaked in completely. Don't go another day without trying this!
ROSEMARY & STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PIZZA
1 Quart Strawberries, rinsed, then halved or quartered (4 cups)
¼ cup honey
3 cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
4 ½ tsp. baking powder
¾ tsp. salt
½ cup cold unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
1 ¾ cups whipping cream
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp. sugar
Sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine strawberries and honey. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while preparing shortcake.
- For shortcake, in food processor combine flour, ¼ cup sugar, rosemary, baking powder, and salt; pulse to mix (Or whisk together in large bowl.) Add butter to flour mixture; pulse several times. (Or cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives.)
- While pulsing, add cream, pulsing until dough begins to come together. (Or make a well in center of flour mixture. Pour cream into well. Mix with fork until dough is evenly moistened.)Turn out dough in lightly floured surface. Knead quickly. Roll dough to 9x13 inch rectangle (1/2- inch thickness).
- Transfer dough to large parchment-lined baking sheet. With sharp knife, score dough (cutting not quite through) in 1 ½ -inch squares. Brush dough with egg white; sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. sugar.
- Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer shortcake and parchment to wooden board or platter. Spoon strawberries on shortcake. Drizzle with juices.
Recipe directly from ABC Chanel 7 News in Chicago, IL on June 7th, 2012
LAST DAY TO ENTER! Don't miss your chance!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway