CURRIED CARROT SOUP
1 garlic clove, minced
1 large onion, chopped
2 Tblsp oil
1 Tblsp butter
1 tsp curry powder
1 Tblsp flour
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
6 large carrots, sliced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground red pepper (optional)
1-1/2 cups plain yogurt or light sour cream
- In a skillet, cook minced garlic and onion in oil and butter until veggies are limp, but not brown.
- Add curry and flour. Cook 30 seconds. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth and carrot. Mix together well.
- Cover. Cook on high for about 2 hours, or until carrots are soft.
- Puree mixture in blender. Hold top on tightly with a thick towel. (the heat tends to push the lid of the blender off)
- Return to slow cooker and add seasoning. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Add a dollop (of daisy!) of yogurt or sour cream to each serving.