T&T: Use natural containers
- Slice lemons horizontal direction
- Scoop out the insides, including all the pulp
- Place in a container where it will be as level as possible
- Fill "cups" with jello mix
- Place in fridge for 2-4 hours, overnight is best though!
- Once set, slice the halves in half, and refrigerate until you serve them
There is all sorts of mixes that you can use, be creative! Its not as hard as you might think it is.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure you have a "gelling" agent. Whether its a package of Jell-O or just plain Gelatin. Something needs to be added to make it solidify.
- Also, give yourself enough time to make these. Often, refrigerating over night is needed because of the alcohol content in the other half of the mixture.
- TIP: I've read that lemon have a very bitter taste, so lemons are a better choice over limes. But that is up to you!
My 2 picture mixes:
- 1 small package of tropical punch Jell-o, 1 cups water, 1 cup good quality vodka [fills about 22 to 26 lemon halves]
- 1-1/4 cup coconut milk, 1 package gelatin, 3/4 cup rum [fills about 24 to 28 lemon halves] sprinkle with shaved coconut
Mixes I'm going to try:
- 1 cup pink lemonaid, 1 package gelatin, 1 cup vodka [lemon halves]
- 1 cup orange juice, 1 package gelatin, 1 cup champagne [orange halves]
- 1 cup lemon juice, 1 package gelatin, 1 cup vodka (or lemon vodka) [lemon halves]
- 1 cup margarita mix (prepared), 1 package gelatin, 1 cup tequila [lime halves]
Have you tried these yet? What mixtures have you tried?