with BLUEBERRY SAUCE & BLUE CHEESE
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
1 Tblsp olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 Tblsp shallots, minced
1/4 cup dry Maderia or sherry
3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 Tblsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
2 tsp crumbled blue cheese
- Pound each piece of chicken between plastic wrap to a thickness of 1/2 inch using a meat mallet. After pounding, cut each chicken breast into 2 pieces.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Saute chicken on both sides until cooked through, 6 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate; tent with foil.
- Saute shallots in pan with 1 tsp oil over high heat, 1 minute. Deglaze the pan with Madeira, cooking until liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Add blueberries; simmer until berries start to burst, about 2 minutes. Add broth, vinegar, brown sugar, pepper flakes, and remaining 1/4 tsp salt.
- Crush blueberries with a potato masher; simmer 2 minutes.
- Place 2 chicken pieces on each plate. Top servings with blueberry sauce; garnish with blue cheese.
recipe directly from Cuisine Lite Spring 2013 magazine