GREEK LAMB AND FETA LASAGNA
(low calorie! about 321 per serving)
2 tsp olive oil
1-1/2 cups onion, chopped
1-1/2 Tblsp garlic, minced
1 Tblsp fresh rosemary, chopped
9 ounces lean ground lamb
9 ounces ground pork [or lean ground beef]
1-1/4 cups unsalted chicken stock
3/4 tsp kosher salt
3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
1 (14oz) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
1-1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
9 no-boil lasagna noodles
3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
3 Tblsp fresh rosemary, chopped
recipe directly from CookingLight magazine, Marsh 2013 edition
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients (through pork); cook 14 minutes or until lamb and beef are browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add stock to pan; cook 3 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, and tomatoes. Bring to boil; reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Combine ricotta and rind in small bowl. Spread 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture over one side of each lasagna noodle.
- Spread 2 cups tomato mixture in bottom of an 11x7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles, ricotta side up, over tomato mixture; top with 2 cups tomato mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with 2 cups tomato mixture. Sprinkle evenly with feta cheese.
- Cover with foil; bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil; let stand 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with rosemary.