CINNAMON-SCENTED ROASTED CHICKEN
3 red apples, sliced
2 tblsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 tsp grated orange zest
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 (3-1/4 to 2-1/2 lb) whole chicken
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spread apples out on a baking pan.
- Combine butter, orange zest, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Wash chicken and blot dry. Using poultry shear or knife, remove the backbone of the chicken. Place the chicken split-side down on the apples.
- Rub 1/2 the butter mixture on the chicken underneath the skin, and then rub the remaining butter mixture over top of the skin.
- Roast the chicken until the thickest part of the thigh reaches 180 degrees F, about 40 minutes [I had to cook it more like 60 minutes].
- Tent the chicken to keep warm and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken into pieces and serve with apples and the juices.
This recipe can be found in this amazing cookbook:
And don't miss a chance to enter this amazing giveaway! SOOOO many ways to enter!