BLACKBERRY CABERNET ROAST
Au Jus Sauce
- Pierce all sides of meat using a meat fork every 1 in and place in a large resealable plastic bad.
- Puree blackberries in a blender or food processor. Press through a sieve to remove seeds. Discard solids.
- Combine blackberry puree with Cabernet, garlic, rosemary, thyme, sage, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour mixture over roast and seal bag.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, turning roast occasionally.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Drain meat from marinade.
- Sprinkle cracked pepper evenly over meat and place in large roasting pan.
- Pour 2 cups marinade from plastic bag into roasting pan. Discard remaining marinade.
- Roast 15 minutes, reduce oven to 350 degrees F. Continue to roast 1-11/2 hours or until meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F.
- Remove meat from pan. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- Puree 1/2 cup blackberries in a blender or food processor. Press through a sieve to remove seeds. Discard solids.
- In a saucepan, combine blackberry puree, beef broth and Cabernet, and heat over medium and bring to a simmer, constantly stirring. Boil for about 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water, then add to saucepan. Cook for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve with roast.