Oh man, oh man. I thought the salmon was my favorite from these series of recipes for O Olive Oil. That was before I made this. This recipe make 2 loafs, and one of them was practically gone before it had a chance to cool off. I'm just saying, if you are going to make this for a coffee group or bible study, make several batches because it won't last long!
O Clementine Pound Cake
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 tblsp O Clementine Olive Oil
1-1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1-3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cardamom
zest of 2 clementines (about 1 tablespoon)
juice of 2 clementines (about 4 tablespoons)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 tablespoon O Clementine Olive Oil
few drops of milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 loafs pan, set aside.
- With a mixer, beat butter, oil and sugars until smooth.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time, until completely blended. Stir in 1 cup of flour, as well as the salt, vanilla, cardamom, zest and clementine juice.
- Add the milk and rest of the flour. Beat until the consistency is smooth and completely blended.
- Pour the batter evenly into the 2 loaf pans. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out smooth.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For the Icing: In a small bowl, add the powdered sugar and oil. Stir together until the oil is incorporated as much as possible [it will still be powder-y until the milk is added].
- Add the milk, a few drops at a time until the icing is at the desired consistency. [I used about 1 tablespoon, but it will differ from person to person]
- Drizzle over cake and lightly sprinkle some cardamom on top.
Its just DRIPPING with deliciousness!! Have I mentioned the smell? Its divine!