MINT-HONEY LAMB SKEWERS
I added potatoes to my skewers, this recipe is for the lamb pieces only.
1 cup chopped fresh mint
3/4 cup dry white wine
2 tblsp lemon juice
2 tblsp honey
3 lbs cubed lamb stew meat
1 tblsp apricot preserves
2 tblsp cornstarch
1 tblsp water
- In a small bowl combine mint, wine, lemon juice and honey. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl place the lamb and add the wine mixture and toss until combined. Cover and refridgerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Place lamb on skewers and reserve remaining marinade and set aside.
- Grill skewers until lamb is cooked through, about 8 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a simmer. Whisk in apricot preserves until dissolved and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, adding water as needed,
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1 tblsp of water and whisk into sauce to thicken; simmer for 1 minute longer and baste over the lamb skewers, then serve.