AVOCADO-CORN CHOWDER WITH GRILLED CHICKEN
2 ripe avocados, divided
1-1/2 cups water
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tsp honey
1 tsp kosher salt, divided
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, cut in half
1-1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/3 cup chopped green onion
- Peel and coarsely chop 1 avocado; place in a blender. Add water, orange juice, honey, 3/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper; blend until smooth.
- Heat a grill pan over med-high heat. Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Place chicken in pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; rub chicken with cut sides garlic halves. Let chicken stand 10 minutes; cut or shred into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour avocado mixture into medium sauce pan over low heat.
- In same saute pan that chicken was cooked, saute corn, bell peppers, green onion and cilantro until tender. Pour corn mixture and chicken into the avocado mixture. Let cook for 3-5 minutes, or until soup is heated through.
- Spoon chowder into bowls (or bread bowls), and top with more sliced avocado and cilantro. Serve with crackers.