BANANA SUNFLOWER SEED COOKIES
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 very ripe medium bananas, peeled and mashed
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat bananas, butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add flour mixture half at a time, beating to incorporate. Fold in sunflower seeds and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 45 minutes to 1 hour. (Cold dough helps keep the cookies from spreading.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with Silpats or parchment paper.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough for each cookie and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 15 to 17 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
- Yield: about 24 cookies