SESAME FLANK STEAK LETTUCE WRAPS
1 lime, zested and juiced
5 tblsp low-sodium soy sauce
3 tblsp brown sugar
2 tblsp sesame oil
2 tblsp rice wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp crushed red pepper [optional]
1 flank steak (2 pound)
1 head iceberg lettuce, separated into leaves
Toppings: matchstick carrots, bean sprouts, sliced water chestnuts, sliced green onion, fresh cilantro leaves, steamed white rice
- In a medium bowl, stir together lime zest and juice, and next 6 ingredients.
- Place steak in a resealable plastic bag. Add half of lime mixture; seal bag, and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Cover and chill remaining lime mixture.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill steak for 8 to 10 minutes per side or until meat thermometer registers 155 degrees F or desired doneness. Remove from heat, let stand for 10 minutes before slicing across the grain.
- Serve steak in lettuce leaves with desired toppings and remaining lime mixture.
recipe from "Cooking with Paula Deen" July/August 2012 issue