Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chocolate Raspberry Tofu Pie

Yes, you read that right! Its a MUST try! Not what I expected at ALL, but I'm so glad I did.

CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY TOFU PIE


10 oz semi-sweet chocolate
1 12.3-oz shelf-stable package firm silken tofu
1 tblsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
Fresh raspberries for garnish

Using which ever method you prefer, melt the chocolate. I like using the double boiler method--works best for me.

Place tofu in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, maple syrup and vanilla. Process again until smooth. Add raspberries and confectioners' sugar and process until very smooth; scraping down the sides as necessary.

Spread the mixture into the crust. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours. Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.

8 comments:

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

I've always had a fear of tofu - I think it's a textural thing - but this looks like something I could love!

Thanks so much for joining the Tuesday Train!

PC said...

Wow! Never try tofu with chocolate! and no baking.. this recipe is a must try!

Betty Manousos said...

mmmmm.... that looks to die for!
i'm going to have to try it out asap!

following you through the hop, and hope you can stop by and say hi!

have a great day!
betty

Anonymous said...

Oh, Carolyn, I'm so happy everything ent perfect with ooshirts, and I can't wait to see them!! Your post made me smile :)

This pie looks so luscious and creamy. Would you believe I just tried tofu for the first time last year?? I know..weird, but it just looked too flabby and 'blah'..a smooth sponge lol I know I would love it in this pie!

BTW, another giveaway in a day or two..when it rains, it pours!!

Marguerite said...

Great recipe, looks so delicious! I'm over from the hop and I'm your newest follower! Hope you'll stop by and follow me back!

http://cajundelights.blogspot.com

mymy said...

wow, i love tofu and this is something that i would love to try!

thanks so much for sharing! ♥

Kim McCallie said...

I've never cooked with tofu before but I would be willing to give this pie a try. It looks so silky and delicious! Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

Ann Jones said...

Looks great! Fresh raspberries are so yummy and I love sweets that use tofu :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...