Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Turkey Burgers with Avocado Sauce

This is a very simple recipe and every bite is delicious! I used Kaiser rolls for the buns, and I wish I made the patties a little bigger. So take into mind what size your buns are to the size of the patties. (that sounds really funny!)

TURKEY BURGERS WITH AVOCADO SAUCE
Click HERE for printable recipe

1 cup canned corn, drained
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1 lb ground turkey
Sauce:
1 medium ripe avocado, peeled
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/8 teaspoon salt
Serving:
4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
shredded lettuce
sliced tomato and red onion, optional

Directions:
In a large skillet, saute the corn, onion and peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the lime juice, garlic, salt, cumin, chili powder and oregano; cook 1 minutes longer. Transfer to a large bowl and cool slightly. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 4 burgers. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

For sauce, in a small bowl, mash avocado with the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt. refrigerate until serving.

Lightly oil grill pan and heat on medium-high heat. Cook on each side 5 to 7 minutes, or when juices run clear and meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees F.

Place on buns; top with 1/4 cup sauce. Serve with lettuce, tomato and onion if desired.


Click HERE for printable recipe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




12 comments:

♥ LLL with Leslie ♥ said...

UMMM...looks good!!!
Thanks for following me, I am now following you back. :)

www.livelovelaughwithleslie.com

Unknown said...

YUMMY I Loved that avocado sauce.. I gotta make it!

Following you from the hop!


Thanks,
Angie
http://ourlittleinspiration.blogspot.com

It's Just Me said...

Hi, I'm a new follower, on FB and twitter too! Great recipes!!!
Luv,
Mare
http://mare-itsjustmebeingme.blogspot.com

jessicaclarke said...

That looks delicious! Following you from the Wednesday blog hop. Would love if you stopped by my blog Boys, toys, chaos, & joys.

TanyasTreasureTrove said...

Hi! I'm following you from
a blog hop! Hope you visit
me and return the follow!:0)

Good Girl Gone Green said...

Growing up I loved those "crinkly" fries....

NCSue said...

Thank you for checking out my blog and for leaving a link. I'm following you!
BTW, I have a page on my site that lists more than 300 hops, memes, and photo challenges… some for each day of the week. Check under the header for the link to that page.
NCSue
http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Looks so good! I am a former Army Brat myself turned Marine Corps spouse but I used to live on Ft Leonard Wood probably a good 14 years ago. I went back a few years ago and boy had things changed. We used to have to go all the way to Rolla just for Wal-Mart. Horrible! :)I am following from the Welcome Wednesday Hop!

Ps and am a bit jealous that you have 2 red heads. I have 4 kids and no red heads. :(

Anonymous said...

Following from the Lucky Wednesday Blog Hop. Pls follow back!

By the way, I really like your background ... It really makes your website pop!

www.cutemammi.com

Shana said...

Your food looks absolutely delicious! It made me realize it was time for lunch. Just stopping by. Following you from the Luck Wednesday Blog Hop. Would love a visit and follow back on my blog: blog.writerslairbooks.com. Also we are hosting a fabulous iPad 2 giveaway so make sure you enter if you haven't already. Thanks! Nice to meet you!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Blueberry Jam sounds AWESOME! My husband would eat it with a spoon!

Just stopping by to thank you for joining the Tuesday Train!

Amy said...

The avocado sauce looks so yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...