1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2-1/2 cups flour
2 Tblsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp mint extract
green food coloring
- In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer, then stir in any remaining flour.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Add coca powder to one dough half, stir until combined.
- Add mint extract and few drops of green food coloring to the other half dough and stir until combined.
- Divide each dough half in half again (2 portions each).
- Shape each dough portion into a 9-inch rope. Loosely twist together one rope of green and one chocolate. Gently roll ropes together to form 9-in log. Repeat with other portions.
- Wrap each log in wax paper or plastic wrap. Chill for abot 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut logs into 1/4-in slices. Places slices 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
The recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest magazine Dec 2011 edition