NORTH POLE CUPCAKES
(You'll see a lot of my inspiration from Pinterest!)
This isn't really a recipe. I used box cake (gaaaasp! I know!) and "box" icing (gaaaaasp! I know!) that tasted like peppermint. Made the cupcakes according to the direction and frosted them. I sprinkled a little white sugar over top to give it the "sparkly" snow has. Take a peppermint stick (or break candy canes apart, like I did) and then put a little icing on top and top it off with a red M&M.
A few hints:
- Don't put the peppermint sticks in until you are ready for delivery or to eat--the candy "melts" and will make the snow look more like blood....trust me on this one. You could probably freeze them to prevent bleeding as well, but don't quote me on that.
- The peppermint icing was AWESOME and gave it more of a unique flavor rather than just plain vanilla.
- Get a HUGE bag of M&Ms so you can eat all the ones you didn't use!
- Put in clear plastic cups for a cute shell around it and delivery it without any hiccups!
- These are PERFECT for bake sales!