CANDY CANE CHEESECAKE
2 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp peppermint extract
red food coloring
1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
whipped cream and mini candy canes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Add sour cream and vanilla, mix well.
- Place 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture in a small bowl and stir in peppermint extract and few food coloring (enough to turn it a pretty shade!) and mix well. Pour the remaining cream cheese mixture into pie crust.
- Drop peppermint cream cheese mixture by spoonfuls into cream cheese mix and swirl with a knife to create marbled effect.
- Make for 45 minute, or until edges are firm and the middle is slightly loose.
- Allow to cool 1 hour then cover and chill at least 6 hours before serving.
- Top with garnishes!
I made a little too much of the batter red, so the marbled look isn't as clear as I hope...so less is better!