EGGNOG PRETZELS "KRINGA"
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg (1/2 tsp ground nutmeg)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cardamom (optional)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp rum extract
3 cups flour
3/4 cup dairy eggnog
- In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in the sugar, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in baking powder, baking soda, the 1 tsp fresh nutmeg, salt and cardamom until combined. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and rum extract until combined. Alternately add flour and eggnog, beating after each addition until combined.
- Divide dough in half. Wrap and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll pieces into 10 inch ropes, or "worms" as I call it! and twisting into small pretzel shapes.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 5 minutes or until the ropes turn a light brown. Transfer to wire rack, cool completely.
- Drizzle with eggnog icing (below) and sprinkle with additional nutmeg (optional).
EGGNOG ICING: In small bowl, stir together 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/8 cup dairy eggnog, and 1/8 tsp rum extract until smooth. Stir in additional eggnog 1/2 tsp at a time to make into drizzling consistency.
If YOU have a Christmas Sweet recipe, let me know! I would love some help with these 25 days--and make you a full feature!