Monday, May 16, 2011

Creole Seasoning & Lousiana White Rice

And to go with that amazing GUMBO...

CREOLE SEASONING



2 tablespoons celery salt
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon  garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon ground allspice


Mix together all spices in a bowl. Transfer the spices to a clean container with a tight-fitting lid. Store up to six months.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOUISIANA WHITE RICE

1 tablespoon chicken fat, extra-virgin olive oil, or butter
1 small onion, minced
1½ cups Louisiana rice (or another long-grain white rice)
3 cups Basic Chicken Stock
1 bay leaf
1-2 pinches salt


1. Put the fat, oil, or butter and the onions into a medium saucepan and sweat the onions over moderate heat until they are translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Pour the rice into the pan and stir for 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
4. Add the bay leaf and salt.
5. Cover the pan with a lid, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 18 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the heat, fluff the rice with a fork, and serve.

8 comments:

Jessi said...

That sounds good!

I hope you're having a good day!

Semper Wifey said...

Your blog is soooo cute! :) I'm looking forward to following!

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Thanks for the make-it-yourself Creole Seasoning recipe. It sounds really good.

Shanae Branham said...

This looks delicious! I love your blog design and the title Cookin' for my captain. Fun stuff.
Cheers,
Shanae
My Blog

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

I have an award for you. :-)
http://joyofdesserts.blogspot.com/2011/05/lovely-blog-award-from-marelie.html

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Thanks for linking up on my Super STALKER Sunday! I can't believe the response we have gotten again this week! :D If I wasn't already stalking you, I am now!

I hope you won't be a stranger and come back next week, or even just mid week and say hello! : ) I post lots of other great things like recipes, tackles, and rambles (oh my!).

Have you checked out my FANTASTIC Blog Hop Directory? It has at least 20 blog hops listed for each day of the week. There has to be something there to suit your fancy too. ; )

Courtney said...

Always looking for new ways to season stuff, thanks for the mix!

Arlene said...

I was thinking of trying a new recipe from Pampered Chef tonight, but didn't have their Creole Rub; this recipe seems to be just what I need. Thanks for posting! (P.S. I'm a fellow military wife, so I totally hear you on the challenges of the commissary lol)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...