Thursday, May 26, 2011

Flank Steak Pinwheels

**as for the issues I had yesterday...I got confused between "following" and "subscribing". Even if you've noticed i'm not "following" you anymore, I'm still seeing your stuff through the subscription. With Google reader, it makes it possible. So you won't have that problem--click on "subscribe by RRS" [where I have the 'follow me this way' on the left column] with the orange funny icon.**

**Thank you everyone who has "followed" my craft blog. Its not "officially" up yet, so don't expect much yet =) But I do appreciate it! I don't do crafts as often as I cook, just a disclaimer. LOL Its still under much construction!**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, if the kabobs haven't gotten you in the mood for grilling--this WILL. And don't just do the pinwheels. Do the pinwheels, cheese sauce AND fettuccine noodles. Trust me on this one, please?

FLANK STEAK PINWHEELS


8 bacon strips
1 beef flank steak (around 1-1/2 lbs)
4 cups fresh baby spinach
1 jar (7 oz) roasted sweet red peppers, drained

Place bacon strips wrapped in paper towels, and cook for 2 minutes or until partially cooked.

Cut steak horizontally from long side to within 1/2 inch of opposite side. Open meat so it lies flat.

Place spinach over steak within 1/2 inch of border; top with red peppers.

With the grain of meat going from left to right, roll up jelly-roll style. Wrap bacon strips around the beef and secure with toothpicks. Slice beef across the grain into eight (about) slices.

Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until meat reaches desired doneness.

Discard toothpicks before serving.



CREAM CHEESE SAUCE
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup 2% milk
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese

In a small saucepan, combine the cream cheese, milk, butter and pepper. Cook and stir consistently over low heat just until smooth (do not boil!). Off heat, stir in blue cheese.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Put a good size spoon full of the cheese sauce on the plate, and place pinwheel on top.

~Serve with fettuccine noodles tossed in a little butter. The noodles soak up the extra blue cheese, and its D-E-V-I-N-E!

~This is a great party grill-out dish. Just prep ahead of time and pop them on the grill when guests arrive.

3 comments:

NANCY said...

This looks so yuumy!!!

Nancy

Thank you for following me, I'm now following you back!

Unknown said...

You had me until Blue cheese! Maybe I can replace it with feta or some other cheese. These look super yummy and fun though...besides the Blue cheese that is. ;-)

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

HELLO MY NEW BLOGGING BUDDY...

Tag, I Loved the look and really wanted to give this a try. I did (with a few changes) and it was SPECTACULAR!!! posted my version today, come take a look...

http://erecipecards.blogspot.com/2011/08/steak-pinwheels-ala-cookin-for-my.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...