So this is something I've decided to start on my blog. PENNY-MEAL MONDAY. Don't you even have that night when its the day before pay-day, and there is nothing to cook? I always have these meals on hand in case that happens. I always have the ingredients. And if I don't, I can scrape up money from the couch cushions and get. Hence the name: Penny Meals.
~~I'm looking for some co-hosts for this linky next week. If interested, please leave comment so I can get in touch with you!~~
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.cookinformycaptain.blogspot.com" title="Cookin' for my Captain"><img src="http://x00.xanga.com/edcf956300333276855046/t220581120.jpg" alt="Cookin' for my Captain" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Here is one of my favorites. I have many, so please check back next week for another one! Who knows when you might need it to save the day.
Pasta Roni: (10/$10 sale) = $1.00
Can veggie: $0.75 [corn is just what I had tonight, but any family fav veg will work!]
Polish Kielbasa Sausage: (huge value pack was $6, split into normal portions) = $1.50
TOTAL: $3.25 for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children)
How do I make this?
Pasta: according to directions (5 minutes)
Sausage: Cut in sections, then in half. Spread BBQ sauce over it and cook on grill, or grill pan.
Veggie: Drain, dab with butter and garlic salt and pop into microwave for 2 minutes.
[variations: mac-n-cheese instead of pasta]
Some might think this is retarded, but it has saved me so many times. And my kids gobble this up like their life depends on it.
So please share you penny-meal recipe with me and everyone else!
1. Grab my button and put it on you blog (optional--but would be really nice)
2. Be a follow of me via GFC
3. Link up your penny-meals, as many as you would like!
4. Please no giveaways or other linkys
5. This linky opens up May 22nd, 6pm central times and close May 24th, midnight central time.
6. Jump around and leave comments on others linked up.
7. I'll choose my favorite and share them (with your blog) the following week.