CAPRESE-STYLE GRILLED CHICKEN
2 tblsp red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp fresh mint, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 tblsp olive oil
3 tomatoes, seeds removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
1/4 cup fresh basil, torn into small pieces
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
3 oz angel hair pasta, cooked according to package
- Whisk together vinegar, garlic, mustard, mint, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper. Gradually drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly so mixture emulsifies.
- In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, basil and 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Cover and set aside.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat, and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Brush chicken with remaining dressing and season with remaining salt and pepper. Grill 5 to 6 minutes per side or until the middle is no longer pink (160 degrees F).
- Scatter cheese over top during last minute of cooking.
- Toss cooked pasta with half of the tomato salad. Serve with chicken and remaining tomato salad.
recipe from Family Circle Magazine July 2012 Edition