Another recipes using the wild blackberries!
ROSEMARY CHICKEN SKEWERS W/ BLACKBERRY SAUCE
4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1-3/4 cup fresh blackberries
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons red currant jelly
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- In a medium bowl, mix the chicken with the rosemary, wine, pepper and olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving the marinade for later.
- Thread chicken onto the skewers and season generously with salt.
- Grill on high heat from 4-5 minutes each side. When done, place on platter and cover with foil to allow the chicken to rest.
For the Sauce:
- Place the remaining marinade and berries into a sauce pan and simmer gently until berries are soft.
- Press the berry mixture through a strainer and discard the pulp.
- Return the juice to sauce pan and add vinegar, jelly and nutmeg and bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, until reduced to 1/3 cup and has the consistency of syrup.
- Drizzle over chicken and serve.