Thursday, July 26, 2012

Purple Mashed Potatoes

I saw these in our commissary and I grabbed them because I've never seen them before and I love experimenting with new foods! Turns out, they are quite popular, and quite loved! I kept hearing they are great when roasted, so I didn't listen and made them into mashed potatoes.

PURPLE MASHED POTATOES

2 pounds purple potatoes, estimated 9-10 pieces
4 tblsp butter
1 tblsp rosemary
2 tsp salt
milk

  • Boil potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
  • In a large kitchen-aid mixer, beat potatoes, butter, rosemary, salt and enough milk to make it right consistency.
  • Adjust seasoning to your taste!
Click HERE to see recipe for the cinnamon pork tenderloin

3 comments:

Jen @Marine Wife, Mommy and Life said...

That is soooo cool! I'll have to keep a look out! We're always trying new foods! :)

New follower! :) Please come by and follow back at http://wifemomworklife.blogspot.com/

Skinnie Piggie said...

If those are Okinawan Sweet Potatoes you should try Ube (it's them turned into ice cream... it's HUGE here in Hawaii and I would assume Oki).

enchantedhue said...

purple potatoes are my favorite, they are not only beautiful and slightly weird, but also delicious!
(just like us, right??)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...