CINNAMON PORK TENDERLOIN
3 tblsp soy sauce
3 tblsp cooking sherry
1 tblsp brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 garlic clove, minced
1 pork loin, about 2 pounds [or 2 smaller ones--adjust cooking time]
- In large resealable bag, combine first 6 ingredients. Add pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- Drain and reserve marinade. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until thermometer reads 160 degrees F, turning occasionally.
- Let meat stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- While meat rests, combine cornstarch and water.
- Pour marinade in a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, add cornstarch and continue simmering until the mixture is at the right consistency for sauce.
Check back on thursday for the recipe for the purple potatoes!