Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chicken Stir-fry

This is a really simple "semi-homemade" meal. Don't leave out the cabbage--it really hold all the flavors together and one of those "extra" veggies that kids won't normally eat. My kids had NO idea!

CHICKEN STIR-FRY


1 head of cabbage, shredded
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1 can baby corn (I cut mine in half to make them more bite sized)
1 small can water chestnuts
1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
3 large chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1/2 cup stir-fry sauce 
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
canola oil for frying
2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped

Prepare all the vegetables and mix in a large bowl. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in large cast-iron skillet over med-high heat. Put half of the veggies in pan and fry up for 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove and keep warm. Place remaining veggies in pan and cook the same way--adding more oil if needed. Remove and keep warm with the rest.

Add chicken until brown on all sides, about 5 to 6 minutes each side, and cooked through.

Push chicken to edges and add stir-fry sauce and ginger to middle of pan. Let it get bubbly (less than 1 minute) and stir chicken in. Pour the whole bowl of vegetables in pan and stir and cook until all heated through.

Top with chopped peanuts.

Serve over rice and enjoy!

  

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Carolyn,

I just wanted to drop by and thank you for the comment and for following me. I'm returning the favor as your newest follower! :)

Yum, you're blog makes me hungry! I'm sure I'll be visiting often for some new inspiration. I hope to hear/read more from you soon! :)

Danielle S said...

New follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday. Following you by RSS feed. Come follow me back--

~*Royalegacy*~

Unknown said...

Thanks for following my blog with FMBT! I actually followed both your blogs cuz I like the crafts on the other one!

Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful mix for low cal diet! Yummy!

Heather S-G said...

I love a good stir-fry...this sounds so tasty. I'm thinking of calling it: dinner!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...