Monday, June 13, 2011

PMM #4 & Watermelon Shark

Its good to be back home after a week of vacation with the family in Branson, MO. I'll put up several review on my other blog about some great places we were at.

On the other hand, I feel so out of the loop in the blogging world! I had posts up all week, so I bet hardly anyone noticed. If I haven't replied back on anything, I'll get to them today. Now back to a normal week!

WATERMELON SHARK

 

This was a fun treat for my kids while camping out. My son loves sharks and got the biggest kick out of this! I found this idea on the Sun Scholars Blog. There is detailed directions there as well as to how to make it. It was quite a bit of work, but wonderful to see everyone's reactions.

Personally, I think it looks more like a monster than a shark. Or maybe one of the dragons from "How to train your Dragon" movie. I'll make sure I get the angles and cuts more accurate next time! I also didn't get fancy with the fin and gills like others have. My kids were begging to eat it, so I "had" to hurry and finish. =) This would be perfect for a birthday party with a theme like pirates, underwater, ect..


Make sure you eat it before it eats you!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for my Penny Meal Monday recipe....
Cookin' for my Captain
SPAGHETTI NIGHT

Not only is this a penny-meal, its also a favorite among my kids. They beg for it every week! I cave in only once or twice....a month... =)


ground turkey: $1.79; sauce: $0.89 (sale); spaghetti noodles: $0.30 (case sale). TOTAL: $3.00
We usually serve it with a salad on the side, but when in a pinch, it gets left off. We love pigging out on just a plate full of spaghetti. This batch also makes a huge leftover dinner for us.
~Cook the meat until fulled browned, drain. Add sauce and mix until heated through. Cook noodles according to directions, drain. Mix the sauce and noodles together and serve. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.

SPAGHETTI LEFTOVER CASSEROLE
Leftover spaghetti: FREE, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese:$1.25; TOTAL: $1.25
~Grease casserole dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix together leftover spaghetti and cheese. Put into the casserole dish. Sprinkle a little cheese on top. Cook in oven at 375 degrees F for 30 to 45 minutes.

10 comments:

Semper Wifey said...

Hahaha!

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

How fun. :-) Should be a good crowd pleaser and conversation starter. Thank you for linking this to Monday, Mmm ... Dessert.

Kelsey said...

This is so awesome! I'll have to remember it :) I love the eyes!

Brynn @ MommyDigger.com said...

Love the watermelon idea! I'm going to have to do this for a BBQ soon :)

I'm your newest follower from the Alexa Hop! Would love for you to stop by my blog www.mommydigger.com and follow me :)

Mel Creates Often said...

Hi, That is so cooooool! Stopping by from the Alexa hop. Have a good day!

http://www.meldreamsoften.com/2011/06/monkey-girl-and-karate-master.html

Anonymous said...

Is that not the coolest thing to bring to a potluck!!! Awesome!! I don't think I'm talented enough to pull it off artistically, but I might have to pass this along to someone else I know! Thanks for posting!!

Laura O in AK said...

So glad to find your blog through the I Love Blogging hop.

The watermelon shark looks awesome! I suspect I'll be reading through your other posts to get more great ideas.

Laura O in Ak
http://daybydayinourworld.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

LOVE seeing your shark! That is awesome!!!! I'm sure it was a huge hit. Thanks so much for sharing at For the Kids Fridays! Love to have you linking up with us!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up to 2 Maids a Baking!!

Unknown said...

Haha! That shark is awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...