Monday, June 6, 2011

PMM #3 & Almond Sugar Cookie Bites

I just realized that I haven't posted this recipe! Eeeeek! Its the best, and the easiest to make on the spot. I like making a huge batch of the cookie part and freeze the ones I'll use later. This is a pampered chef recipe, but I can't find the recipe, so I'm guessing the amounts. Have no fear, this isn't an exact science. Just keep having faith. =)
  ALMOND SUGAR COOKIE BITES



1 cup almonds, chopped up really small
1 package sugar cookie dough [Pillsbury has great dough--in the biscuit section at your grocery store]
3 or 4 small strawberries
2 or 3 kiwi's
4 oz Marscapone cheese
1 cup homemade whipped cream
Lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan.

Cut about a teaspoon off the sugar cookie dough and roll it in chopped almonds and place it in one of the mini muffin cups. Repeat until all the mini muffin cups are full. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until very lightly brown. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.

Whip together whipped cream and marscapone cheese until blended. Add in vanilla and a tablespoon of lemon zest. Place a dollop on each sugar cookie muffin.

Slice kiwi and strawberries in small slices. Place one of each on each bite and then sprinkle with a little more lemon zest.


Make sure you have enough--they go very quickly!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for my Penny Meal Monday recipe....
Cookin' for my Captain
CLASSIC MEATLOAF WITH MASHED POTATOES


These are more thing that I keep on hand for such an emergency. It does take an hour to cook, so keep that in mind.

ground beef: $1.49; potatoes: less than $1.00; other add-ins: about $0.75; TOTAL: less than $3.25!

For the meat loaf, mix until blended the ground beef, egg, 1/2 package of crackers [picture shown is full package] a heaping spoon of tomato sauce [shown is paste--grabbed wrong one for picture!] and sprinkle about 2 teaspoons seasoning [shown is what I always use--TexJoy]. After mixing, press into glass loaf pan and cook on 375 degrees F for 1 hour. Serve with mashed potatoes!

6 comments:

Mindie Hilton said...

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-daze-giveaways-is-finally-here.html

Wanted to invite you to enter my give aways and to remind you to join us this Friday for a fun new link up anything party that will run through Sunday. Hope to see some of your yummy recipes there.

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

I linked up with Raisin Squares. It's a frugal recipe and filling.
This is the link:
http://joyofdesserts.blogspot.com/2011/06/vintage-recipe-thursday-raisin-squares.html

You know there are other linkies, like InLinkz, and Simply Linked. They are free and they don't play tricks like some others do.

Unknown said...

those little cookies were my favorite!!

Anonymous said...

They looks so yummy!! Love a bit of a fruits + cream combo!! yum!

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Thank you for adding this recipe to Monday, Mmm ... Dessert. :-)

Unknown said...

Those Almond cookies are beautiful! I am hosting a baking linking on my blog today! I would love for you to come and share your recipe with my readers!!

Happy Tuesday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...